DI Super Saturday (formerly Instant Challenge Day) – Mark Your Calendars
We are just days away from our first, very popular, and very helpful DI Super Saturday . This event will be held on Saturday, January 11 at 1:00 pm ET at Fulton Science Academy. During DI Super Saturday, teams will practice three tournament level Instant Challenges, in an environment similar to that of our tournaments. In addition, there are a variety of skills workshops to assist your team in preparing for the tournament. Skill workshops include:
- Properties of Materials and Newspaper Art
- Arduinos – Controller electronics in your presentation
- Simple Circuit – Snap electronics set
- Structure Building 1 – Structure set
- Structure Building 2 with PowerPoint Challenge on Properties
- Communication Strategies
- Improv Skills
- Putting on the Glitz – Jazz up your central challenge presentation
- Script Writing – Strategies for writing a great script
So that we have sufficient IC supplies (and rooms), please sign-up for one of the these two sessions by completing this online form.
Important Things You Need to Know
- Location: Fulton Science Academy; Google Maps Location to: Fulton Science Academy ATL Area Check-In: Please arrive between 12:30 and 12:45 pm to check in. We will start promptly at 1:00 pm to ensure teams have maximum time to practice ICs.
- This event is open to all Georgia teams, both Rising Stars and our competitive teams. Each team must be accompanied by their team manager or other responsible adult. Due to space limitations, only the teams and their Team Manager/Adult should plan to attend the event.
- During the event, teams will rotate between approximately 3 different Instant Challenges. Some of the ICs will be supervised by the GA DI Leadership team or an experienced Team Manager. If you have a parent helper available to assist, please indicate that on the form.
- There is no cost for this event. It’s included in your state registration fee – already paid when you purchased your Challenge materials. GA DI will supply all the Challenges and materials.