- This event has passed.
Regional Showcase – Central Region
March 4 @ 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM EST
The Regional Showcase is an OPTIONAL event, that allows teams to present their solution to the appraisers (and audience) in a format similar to the Affiliate Tournament. It’s a wonderful opportunity for your team to see how your solution satisfies the requirements of the Challenge. Teams will receive their scores (both their Central Challenge and Instant Challenge) but we will not provide a ranking/comparison between the teams.
Remember, the Showcase is for our competitive level teams only — our Rising Stars teams will present at our Affiliate Tournament only.
Remember, you need to bring ALL your paperwork to the Regional Showcase. This includes:
- Tournament Data Form for your Challenge (5 copies)
- Declaration of Independence (2 copies)
- Expense Report (1 copy)
- Team Sign
- Read the Travel Guide for Teams – The Travel Guide for Teams tells you what to expect at your tournament. Inside this Guide, you will find information that includes what will happen at your Presentation Site and tips from teams and Team Managers on how to have a great tournament experience.
We strongly recommend that you use fillable PDF so that you can save them and reuse for the Affiliate Tournament.
Schedule for the event (Coming Soon):
The Performance Schedule and time for all teams attending the Central Regional Showcase is coming soon.
- Registration/Check-In opens at 11:00 am. ONLY THE TEAM MANAGER or their delegate may check-in their team at the Registration table.
- Teams can meet-up and hang out in the cafeteria.
- Central Challenge performances begin at 1:00 pm.
- Unloading areas for each Challenge will be marked with exterior yard signs
- A map of the school, with challenge location will be posted shortly.
- To permit teams time to unload their props/costumes and prepare for their presentation, we recommend that teams arrive no less than 90 minutes before their scheduled performance time.
- Team must be in the prep-area for their Central Challenge no later than 20 minutes before their scheduled performance time.
- Team must be at Instant Challenge Check-In no later than 10 minutes before their IC team.
- Team participating in the Engineering/Structure Challenge (In It Together) must check-in their structure no less than 1 hour before their scheduled performance time.
- You are free to leave after your Central Challenge performance and Instant Challenge (don’t forget to pick-up your scores about 30 minutes after each Challenge). However, we encourage all teams to watch other teams performances. We will not be doing an awards/closing ceremony at the Regional Showcase.